Health Datapalooza IV
Monday, June 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Media Inquiries: Discounted admission is available for media personnel looking to cover this event. If you are interested in attending, click on the "Contact the Organizer" button to the right. Media discounts are limited, and not all requests will be granted.
Health Datapalooza IV is the fourth annual national conference born from government efforts to liberate health data and addresses the effective use of health data by companies, startups, academics, government agencies and individuals.
The two-day event includes:
- Keynote presentations, newsmaker panels, breakout groups, training sessions, meet-ups, code-a-thons, and other interactive sessions focused on health data applications.
- Rapid-fire announcements of business deals, data competitions, new academic programs and projects, cross-sector collaborations, and other opportunities for engagement.
- An “Apps Expo” which allows attendees to explore innovative new tools and services, and interact directly with the developers and data experts who create the applications.
The hallmark of the event is a national competition that searches for the best and most innovative uses of health data in apps and products and that culminates in live demonstrations of the winning applications to Forum attendees.
- Healthcare Modeling Training Session: This 3 hours Pre-palooza education event will be held on Sunday, June 2 from 3-6pm and will show how modeling and simulation can be used to make optimal decisions in healthcare. Attendees will be given access to the Archimedes ARCHeS software to experience firsthand the types of questions that modeling can answer. This Training Session can be purchased for $50 while purchasing your main event ticket. A link to order is at the bottom of the order screen.
- Health Datapalooza Bootcamp 101: This session will orient new attendees to what will be happening the following two days. It also coincides with the Exhibitor booth set up and offers an opportunity to network more casually. Held Sunday, June 2 at 6-7pm at the OMNI Shoreham. No signup necessary.
Last year’s registration goals were exceeded and attendance was finally capped at 1,400. Health Datapalooza 2013 will be larger and again likely a sellout – you want to be a part of this fantastic event! Expected Attendance for 2013: 1,500+
For questions regarding registration, exhibits or sponsorships, click on the "Contact the Organizer" button to the right. Please note: Refunds cannot be processed after April 1, 2013.
To book a room at the OMNI using the special Health Dataplooza rate, click here.
When & Where
Health Data Consortium
The Health Data Consortium, the group organizing Health Datapalooza 2013, encourages the creation of a health data “ecosystem” that promotes and accelerates the innovative use of health data. The Consortium represents a collaboration among government, non-profit, and private sector organizations working to foster the availability and use of health data to drive innovations that improve health and health care. The Consortium promotes data sources for data best practices and information sharing; and works with businesses, entrepreneurs, and academia to help them understand how to use data to develop new products, services, apps and research insights.
Support for the Health Data Consortium, as well as for the Health Datapalooza, has been provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, California HealthCare Foundation, Department of Health and Human Services, Institute of Medicine, ESRI, Healthways and others. A complete list of founding members of the Consortium and activities undertaken by the group is available on the Health Datapalooza site.